We are seeking enthusiastic, self-motivated support workers to join our team on a part time basis. You will be working with young people aged 16 to 19.
Candidates must have good communication and ICT skills.
HigherLevelCare are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and all staff working with these groups are expected to share a commitment to this. You will be expected to report any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children and/or young people in accordance with agreed procedures. If your own conduct in relation to the safeguarding of children or young people gives cause for concern, the Council’s agreed Child Protection procedures will be followed, alongside implementation of the Authority’s Disciplinary Procedure.
To work as part of a team in preparing young people for leaving care and to offer continued support to care leavers in the community. To help in the development of the Service and to provide out of hours support to young people learning to live independently through our programmes.
We provide safe and secure, temporary supported housing for young people who have been assessed as vulnerable and who are in need of low , medium or high needs. We work holistically with young people and partner agencies to devise a programme of support geared to engagement with education, training and employment and the development of independent living skills to identify and develop existing support networks, assisting young people to develop links with health, social care, housing and education services, which may be able to assist with the transition into independent living in accordance with their Pathway Plan.
a) Visiting young people who live within the community to offer care, support, counselling and supervision.
b) Visiting young people living in semi-independent accommodation to offer practical and emotional support, counselling and supervision.
c) To provide support and practical assistance with the following: accommodation, DSS Benefits, Welfare Rights, budgeting, employment/training/education, medical/dental appointments, legal issues and leisure activities, housing.
d) To work with agreed Care Plans/Pathway Plans; attending and contributing to LAC reviews and meetings for young people.
2. To encourage young people to engage with staff and encourage the involvement of young people in activities within their communities
3. To work individually with young people and assess young people’s needs and develop the necessary skills for independent living.
4. To contribute to the development and facilitating of groups where appropriate.
5. Along with other agencies, develop education/training/ employment options, assist with access to doctors, dentists and health care services, support a healthy and balance diet, support budgeting skills, support with access to benefits and housing for the young people we support.
6. To work with young people who are at risk due to offending, self-harm or anti-social behaviour.
7. To maintain accurate records, provide reports and keep case notes in line with departmental procedures.
8. To prepare young people to secure their own accommodation and live independently in the community.
1. To actively promote the equalities and diversity agenda in the workplace and in service delivery
2. To uphold and implement policies and procedures of the Company including customer care and health and safety polices
3. To undertake continuing professional development (CPD) and to be aware of new developments, legislation, initiatives, guidelines, policies and procedures, and to ensure the team are informed appropriately
4. Undertake any additional duties commensurate with the grade of the post
Everyone who works with children, young people or families has a responsibility to ensure that procedures for safeguarding children and young people are adhered to.S P Homes Ltd has a general duty under the Children Act 1989 and Children Act 2004 to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.All staff will receive training in safeguarding as part of their induction and be made aware of our policies and procedures for the safeguarding of young people.Training in safeguarding will be an ongoing process through supervisions, team meetings and course attendance from time to time. Staff are expected to make themselves available to participate in training, team meetings and supervisions on a regular basis.All staff have an explicit duty to ensure they are aware of current policies, procedures and practices to allow them to carry out their duties at all times in accordance with our all of our policies, procedures and health and safety practices to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
This post is based in the community and you will be visiting young people at their accommodation and support them to attend appointments in the community.
- Flexible work hours
- Workplace autonomy
- Opportunities to maximise your hours with overnight shifts (optional)
- One to one job training
- Supporting young people’s aged 16 to 19 in semi independent living
- Liaising with external agencies
- Improving young peoples’s aspirations through key work sessions
- Maintaining high standards of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity
- Using creative and inclusive approaches support young people’s development
- Improving young people’s well being
- Updating confidential records
- NVQ Level 2 in Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
- NVQ 3 / Level 3 Health & Social Care Advanced Apprenticeships
- Minimum of 2 years working in a residential setting
- Rate of pay dependent upon experience.
- Hours vary based upon the needs of the young people.
Please send us your CV including your contact details. You will receive a call to discuss the role. You will then need to complete and return the Support Worker Application form before your interview.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check.
- support/key worker: 1 year
- working in a residential setting: 1 year
- Car driver highly desirable
How to ApplyPlease apply through our website at: http://www.higherlevelcare.org/careers/vacancies/
743 total views, 1 today